Rare Mob by ID list for _npcscan.lua
Download _npcscan addon if you don't have it already. You can download it here at Curse (http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/npcscan). Once downloaded start going over the steps below to add all rare spawn mobs (to the best of my knowledge is complete and accurate but could be missing a few as there are a lot of rare spawns in the old world).
_npcscan.lua (copy/paste code below to add all rare spawns to _npcscan)
Adding Rare Spawn mobs to _npcscan:
- Copy Code above in the text box.
- Open up World of Warcraft Folder and locate: WTF then Account folder then select the account, server and then the character you want to have the list (repeat for multiple toons).
- Now open up the SavedVariables folder and select _npcscan.lua file and open it with notepad or a simple text editor.
- Select all the text in the file and delete it and replace with the above code.
- Now save file.
- You now have the rare spawn list added to the specific character you used during the process steps above in Npcscan.
Making sure you don't ever cache another rare spawn after finding one:
- Log into Word of Warcraft and make sure you are not near any Rare mob npcs before continuing with the next steps below.
- Now log out of World of Warcraft and make sure the login screen or anything is up. (close up all WoW related windows)
- Open up "World of Warcraft\Cache\WDB\enUS" (enEU if you are playing on EU servers).
- Delete the file named "creaturecache.wdb".
- Now log into World of Warcraft.
- Now Exit World of Warcraft (this creates a new "creaturecache.wdb" file in the folder.
- Right click the file "creaturecache.wdb" and open Properties.
- Select the check box "Read-Only" and make sure it is checked.
- Now hit apply in the Properties and exit the Properties for that file.
- Open up World of Warcraft and start looking for rare npc mobs and happy hunting whatever it is you are looking for. =)
If you have any questions send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or send a private message on twitch.tv/shannonlasell if i am not currently streaming. I am more than happy to answer any questions while i stream on Twitch.tv/shannonlasell and i hope this information was useful. Enjoy and Kill some Horde or...i guess if you want Alliance but i would not recommend doing so as the Gnomes are short tempered and might stab your ankles.
twitch.tv (Live Stream): twitch.tv/shannonlasell